Vacancy posted: Friday, 3 Aug 2012
TMS are recruiting for a new member of our Business Software Support team in Scotland.
We sell a range of business software, with our two largest offerings being the Sage suite (primarily Sage 200, Sage Manufacturing & Sage CRM) and our own internally developed Contract Costing software. Our software support team is responsible for delivering the initial installation and end-user training, through to providing hotline support on these products.
Specifically, the successful candidate would be responsible for:
· Installation, configuration and end-user training of a new software sale – involving initial scoping of customer requirements; installation of software on server & desktops; and providing training to the end-users of the software.
· Phone / Remote Hotline Support – involving troubleshooting of any issues reported (liaising with vendor where necessary) and resolving either via telephone or remote connection to the customer’s PC.
· Account Management – involving taking ownership of your portfolio of customers & developing a successful working relationship with them.
Future of the expansion of the role is possible based on performance – into either Software Development (becoming involved in writing bespoke additions to Sage software) or Sales.
The ideal candidate would have:
· Excellent general IT skills;
· Excellent written & oral communication skills;
· Knowledge/experience of any of: Sage 50 Suite; Sage 200 Suite; Sage Manufacturing; Sage CRM; Sage Report Designer; Crystal Reports; MS SQL Server;
· Knowledge/experience of contract costing &/or manufacturing processes;
· Logical & methodical approach to problem solving;
· Ability to explain technical subject matter clearly & accurately;
· Comfortable working to deadlines;
· Ability to work in a team environment.
Full training on software to be supported will be provided where necessary.
Salary Range: Negotiable dependent on experience.
Please apply with covering letter and cv via Apply button