Vacancy posted: Friday, 3 Aug 2012
To review contract documentation / specifications / quality plans to identify the quality requirements and documentation deliverables. To conduct any quality hold points / inspections / tests or other customer nominated activities. Carry out materials inspections and verify traceability of materials. To carry out welding inspections at all stages of the process. Fit-Up Inspection (Including surveillance of pre-heat requirements). In-Process Welding Inspection. Finial Visual Inspection of Completed Welds. To witness Production verification activities (Dimensional Inspection, FAT's etc.). To carry out inspection and surveillance activities on NDT, stress relief, machining and painting sub-contractors. Co-ordinate Customer / 3rd party inspections. Control, populate and sign-off Welding Logs as the works progress. Ensure the approved project Inspection & Test Plans are adhered too, signed off, and verification documentation is available at the appropriate stages of the manufacture, inspection and test process. To ensure the production / collation / verification / delivery and archiving of all quality assurance records relating to product quality as required by the contract and the quality management system. To ensure that all non-conformances are entered into the NCR system and are suitably resolved. To attend contract / project review meetings and provide quality support / advise as required. To liaise with the customer QAR and submit any concession / wavier applications where deemed appropriate. To present completed products / assemblies to the Customer for Handover Inspections and Final Release.
The applicant should come from an appropriate engineering / technical / trade discipline and must be a fully certified welding inspector (CSWIP / PCN Level 2 minimum).
Ideally the applicant should hold an SVQ / ONC in a relevant subject and hold a recognised paint inspection qualification. Hold a clean driving licence.
As a minimum, YOU should have held a recognised engineering / technical or trade position for a minimum of five years and have experience working as an inspector in the nuclear sector or on similar high quality products. You must be used to working independently in a safe and effective manner. Preferably have knowledge and experience of the standards / procedures involved in the acceptance and handover of Nuclear QC Grade 1 fabrications and assemblies.
* Proven knowledge of the practices and standards associated with heavy carbon steel fabrications / assemblies in the Nuclear, or other industry that is highly regulated and requires high product quality standards.
* Knowledge and understanding of BS EN 970 and BS EN ISO 5817
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Good inter-personal skills
* IT ability in the practical use of Microsoft Office, and IFS.
* Ability to read and understand technical standards and drawings.
* Ability to make decisions on own initiative.
* Ability to analyse problems and identify practical solutions,
* Ability to influence and lead others.
* A general understanding of all main technical disciplines within the company.
* Applicant must be willing to work shifts for the duration of the project.
* Applicant must be willing to travel and work away from home if required.
* Applicant must be willing to undertake relevant training and development as required.
Job Reference: Req/MT101031/5574727/209417
Closing Date: 10-Aug-2012