Vacancy posted: Friday, 3 Aug 2012
>> You will be responsible for the coordination of the provision of effective and responsive domiciliary care support to a range of service user groups. You will have experience of working with older people, people with disability or other service user groups. Good
organisational and communication skills including use of a computer are essential as is the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and to work under pressure. The successful applicant will have an ability to motivate and lead a team of carers and will work to drive up the standard of care provided, promoting training and challenging poor practice and absence records. You will have knowledge of the needs and rights of older people and people with disability. You will use effective and appropriate communication with other professionals with regard to service users care needs. >> Ability to travel within Aberdeenshire is essential.
>> SVQ3 in Social Care or equivalent social care/social work qualification is required as is previous staff management experience.
>> This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory.
>> The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/ Duration: For a period not exceeding 12 months
Informal Enquiries to: Diane Panting, Home Care Manager, Tel: 01888 563796
>> Responsible for managing the provision of a high quality Homecare Service.
- Line management of Home Carers, ensuring that they undergo induction, receive regular supervision; any training needs are identified and addressed
- Ensure that quality assurance assessments are being carried out to care at home standards, identifying training needs for Home Carers where appropriate
- Manage rotas for the provision of Homecare to service users, ensuring that it meets the needs of the service users
- Manage staffing budget effectively
- Identify and initiate Home Carer recruitment when required, leading in the selection process
- Organise and lead monthly Home Carer meetings
Job Reference: ABS013861
Closing Date: 17-Aug-2012