Vacancy posted: Friday, 3 Aug 2012
>> Due to open in winter 2013/14, HMP Grampian will be a community facing prison for the North of Scotland accommodating men, women and young people serving both short and long terms sentences (as well as a remand population).
>> This offers Aberdeenshire a unique opportunity to review, redesign and develop additional pathways towards community reintegration for offenders to ensure we maximise opportunities to break the cycle of repeat offending, reduce harm and promote inclusion.
>> This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a flagship project of national interest and to make a real difference.
>> The Project Co-ordinator will require to work across a range of council services as well as with statutory partners, the third sector and a wide range of community groups. Experience of multi agency working and project management is desirable along with good communication skills, excellent organisational skills and the ability to deal with competing demands. You will be imaginative and capable of finding creative solutions to complex challenges. An ability to travel across Aberdeenshire is essential, location of workspace is negotiable.>> This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory.
>> This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 by the Exclusions and Exceptions Scotland Order 2003, applicants invited to interview will be asked to complete a Criminal Record Declaration Form (CRDF).
>> This is a Politically Restricted position as identified by the Local Government and Housing Act 1989. Further information on restrictions as a result of this designation is available by visiting the recruitment pages.>> This position is designated as a 'flexible' post as detailed on the Worksmart website -http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
Certain terms and conditions of service for this post may change under proposals to implement revised provisions, which the Council is currently consulting and negotiating on. Duration: For a period not exceeding 18 months
Informal Enquiries to: Mark Simpson 01224 664991
- Co-ordinate, in partnership with the Northern Community Justice Authority, Scottish Prison Service, other local authorities and partner agencies, the design, development and implementation of an innovative model of throughcare and aftercare for offenders, aimed at successful community integration to reduce the rate of re-offending.
- Lead upon and co-ordinate the design, development and implementation of an innovative community integration and re-integration model, which meets the strategic planning requirements of partner agencies.
- Within Aberdeenshire Council lead the co-ordination of internal service provision for the project aimed towards the successful community integration of offenders.
- Produce a range of reports with recommendations for the future delivery of services for those in HMP Grampian and upon their release thereafter.
- Promote effective partnership working through collaboration and negotiation with other Aberdeenshire Council Services and external agencies.
- Represent Housing & Social Work at meetings as required.
- Ensure progress reports and relevant information are communicated to partners.
Job Reference: ABS013878
Closing Date: 17-Aug-2012