Vacancy posted: Saturday, 4 Aug 2012
>> Flexible and approachable, you have training or recent experience of a pre-school setting and either an NNEB, SNNB, HNC in Childcare, SVQ Level III in Early Education and Childcare or equivalent. You will also need to be able to meet the future requirements of the Scottish Social Services Council. >> You will be required to contribute to the general care and education of the children in the nursery. >> This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
Certain terms and conditions of service for this post may change under proposals to implement revised provisions, which the Council is currently consulting and negotiating on.
Informal Enquiries to: Sharon Huxtable 01651 871100 from 20/8/2012
>> To work as an effective member of an early year’s team delivering a high quality child centred service, which meets the needs of children and their families.
- To be actively involved in the planning and implementation of a curricular programme which meets the needs of the individual child in line with National and Local standards
- Observe and interact with children in order to support their learning and record and report on individual children’s progress in line with the Council’s policy and procedures
- To be actively involved in the delivery of an effective early years service in line with pre-determined policy and procedures
- Participate in all aspects of team work within the unit including training of students, preparation and care of resources, maintenance of cleanliness and hygiene and contributing to staff discussions
- Keep abreast of early years initiatives and developments and participate in continuing professional development in line with Council policy and procedures
- To be actively involved in all aspects of care which meet the needs of the individual child in line with the Council’s duty of care
Job Reference: ABS013696
Closing Date: 24-Aug-2012