Vacancy posted: Monday, 6 Aug 2012
**** PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU CURRENTLY HOLD THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE EU/UK. OUR CLIENT IS NOT ABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS SPECIFIC POSITION AT THIS TIME ****
To ensure that all equipment is available to safely meet production targets and other performance standards.
- Carrying out the mechanical maintenance of equipment, plant, and systems in a safe and effective manner.
- Performing and recording mechanical maintenance activities as required by the planned maintenance system.
- Assist Lead Mechanical Technician and Maintenance Supervisor to identify priorities to plan maintenance and shutdown activities to minimise downtime and maximise production.
- Carries out fault finding and diagnosis of problems affecting plant and systems taking corrective actions to anticipate and prevent downtime and thus maximise oil and gas production. Performing breakdown repairs whenever required.
- Assist Lead Mechanical Technician in preparing and submitting requirements for spares and proposals for modifications, and in ensuring appropriate stock levels are maintained at an optimum level.
- Assisting with modifications and new equipment installation.
- Investigating and resolving equipment running faults.
- Fulfil the allocated responsibilities of the Divisional and Vessel Safety Management Systems.
- Input to and monitoring of Health, Safety and Environmental yearly performance targets for Maintenance activities. Monitor against these targets and propose actions to achieve these.
- Carry out risk assessment exercises and direct maintenance teams in toolbox talks as appropriate.
Regularly review and monitor compliance with safe work systems and maintenance procedures.
Authority levels are detailed in the Maersk Contractors Corporate Management System Directive of Authority Manual.
Understands the company safety policy requirements in relation to work tasks undertaken ensuring at all times work is progressed with good working practice regard for personal safety of others.
Must meet the requirements of the job specifications developed and maintained by the personnel department for this post.
Job Reference: VR/03492
About Thorpe Molloy Recruitment Ltd
Thorpe Molloy Recruitment provides professional resourcing services within the following specialisms: Executive Accountancy and Finance Business Development Commercial Contracts Human Resources IT Legal Office Personnel Marketing Professional Trades QHSE Supply Chain Candidates benefit from our strong, long term relationships formed across blue chip companies, international firms and local entrepreneurial businesses. In conjunction, our clients benefit from our rich talent pool of candidates, impartial advice and unrivalled local market knowledge. Recruiting across all market sectors we source permanent, temporary and part-time talent efficiently and effectively, from entry level vacancies through to director and board level appointments. Our aim is to deliver exceptional customer service to all our clients and candidates. To consistently achieve this we work to the Values which are at the heart of our organisation. Thorpe Molloy Recruitment is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation.