Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 7 Aug 2012
Hotel Connexions Limited Hotel Partnerships - Relationship Manager Dunblane £17000 + Bonus
Provide a top-class account management service to a portfolio of hotels, build and maintain relationships with each hotel contact and ensure that Hotel Connexions is doing everything to generate maximum revenue for each property.
• Geographic area of Great Britain & Ireland as directed
• All 5*, 4* and 3* hotels
• All marketing/promotional products and activities
• Work closely with the Marketing function, other Account Managers and the Hotel Partnerships team manager to discuss upcoming promotions etc.
• At minimum you should aim to contact each hotel once per month.
To establish and maintain a strong association with new and existing hotels by contacting each hotel for an account review at least once a month.
To ensure that each hotel is receiving suitable marketing and promotional activity in terms of media campaigns, direct mail, in-house incentives etc. Additionally, to tackle problematic issues that may be preventing hotels from maximising revenue potential.
1. Retaining as many annual contracts as possible by providing a superior account management service to every client.
2. The job holder will be responsible for effectively managing their own time & diary to cope with a vast workload and maintaining a well-balanced level of attention to each individual client.
3. The job holder will be required to provide a monthly point of contact for each hotel. This involves discussing production, availability and flexibility of rates, turndown reports, upcoming promotional opportunities, business split, rate chasing and a follow-up summarising e-mail amongst other additional tasks.
4. This role requires the job-holder to meet face-to-face regularly with clients and attend networking events and familiarisation (FAM) trips whenever possible. Representing the company in a professional and sophisticated manner is critical to developing strong relationships with our hotels and extending the profile of Hotel Connexions within the industry.
5. The job-holder must devise methods to improve production and show superior problem-solving skills to maintain a strong flow of business for both the company and the client. This involves aspects such as closely monitoring availability patterns for hotels, producing sales incentives, arranging FAM trips for agents, etc
6. It is the job-holder’s responsibility to produce monthly revenue and turndown stats for clients and analyse these reports for patterns and comparative year-on-year studies.
7. Whilst holding down your Account Management duties, you must also maximise potential to create new business from existing clientele. This includes developing strong relationships with chief individuals in hotel chains, acquiring new contacts from existing clients and alerting your fellow Sales Execs of any opportunities you spot for potentially new business.
8. It is the job-holder’s responsibility to accurately log all client activity on the Act database and ensure that client records are updated to reflect any changes. This includes logging every e-mail, Notes and any additional information on clients that may be useful for yourself or colleagues.
Closing Date: 31-Aug-2012