Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 7 Aug 2012
Collins is the UK’s favourite diary brand. With a rich history our market leading ranges of diaries, organisers and stationery are known for their quality and value. With a loyal and expanding customer base we pride ourselves in our commitment to achieving high levels of customer support and service.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Account Executive with a positive “can do” attitude and a dynamic and flexible approach, to develop corporate sales and ensure products are manufactured and delivered to customer specifications. Our busy production team is customer focussed and operates within a fast paced working environment.
This role reports to the Senior Procurement Manager.
The key elements of this role are:
- To communicate with prospective and existing clients with a focus on generating sales.
- Researching and identifying opportunities for new business and following through to a proposal/presentation in order to secure the business.
- Raising Requests for Quotations for bespoke business.
- Ensuring delivery deadlines are met by negotiating timelines with the factory and agreeing advanced schedules with clients.
- Creating detailed purchase orders and following them all the way through to delivery.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience with a proven track record of success
- The ability to work with technical specifications.
- Experience of working with bespoke products.
- A confident communicator both verbally and written
- Able to liaise with a range of colleagues and clients
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Confident, tactful and persuasive manner
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Ability to plan workload to achieve departmental objectives and deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Other Advantageous Skills:
- Experience of working within a multinational organisation
Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter stating your notice period and current salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date Friday 17th August 2012