Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 7 Aug 2012
Management Accountant Glasgow Salary will be commensurate with the knowledge skills and experience required.
Company car: Yes
Bonus scheme: Personal objectives.
XERVON Palmers Limited is one of the UK’s leading access, scaffolding and multi service companies providing leading edge innovative solutions for “blue chip” clients across the country. (www.xervonpalmers.com)
Mission and Purpose of Role:
Preparation of monthly, management accounts for the company to tight deadlines including detailed management packs with KPIs.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Preparation of monthly, management accounts including detailed management information packs with KPIs.
- Analytical review and discussion with branches to review, interrogate, explain and agree the monthly accounts with branch management.
- Annual budgeting and periodic forecasting.
- Maintenance of scaffolding stock system and reporting.
- Attendance at monthly management meetings at branches and review of management accounts with branch management.
- Attendance at monthly senior management meetings presenting the results of the company periodic contract reviews.
- Support the tender process to ensure new contracts generate the required Ad hoc tasks and project work.
Job Level Overview and Accountabilities:
- Produces management accounts on a monthly basis.
- Review revenues and expenditures of key contracts.
- Reconciles P&L/ BS accounts to understand transaction flows.
- Maintain good relationships with branches to ensure accounts are understood and represent accurate operations trading statements.
- Undertake process improvement at branches from tender stage to final account settlement.
- Improvement to the way support services reviews the contract information.
- Make recommendations how branches can make cost saving and better manage their labour costs.
- Make recommendations to ensure revenue for each contract is maximised.
- Monitor project costs and performance for early identification of differences to the tender to avert problems.
- Maintain accurate records of the business
- Establish clear understanding of business trading with internal technical and operations staff.
- Establish and maintain client representative relationships to negotiate and settle contractual and financial disputes.
Knowledge and Applied Skills:
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Effectively communicate with internal technical and operations staff to establish a clear understanding of operational business trading.
- Effectively communicate with client representatives to develop relationships and to negotiate and settle contractual and financial disputes.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a relevant education, qualification and experience.
Analytical thinking; Business awareness; Team working; Problem solving; Relationship management; Attention to detail.
Note: This is a key elements summarised description and not a complete representation of the activities of the role. Other elements, tasks and activities may be added as the Company business requires.
Suitable applicants with the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience should submit their CV with current salary details by clciking the 'Apply' button.