Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 7 Aug 2012
A leading defence industry specialist is looking to recruit a Safety Case Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
As part of a multidisciplinary team you will be required to assist with the production and development of Safety Justification Cases within the nuclear operations facility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and production of safety justification for new and existing activities and operations at the facility in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Production, maintenance and development of the site's safety management arrangements and organisation requirements • Support Periodic Safety Review of Facilities and Utilities in accordance with the site strategy.
- Production, maintenance and development of Nuclear Site Safety Justification documentation in order to achieve continued permissioning of nuclear activities
- Accurately scope tasks and assess the requirements to deliver the required safety justification to meet the site's needs.
- Make preliminary assessment of the hazard and hence assess nuclear and radiological consequences associated with the activity/operation.
- Assign preliminary nuclear category and classification in accordance with set standards, in order that an appropriate level of safety justification and scrutiny is imparted on task
- Identify hazards associated with activity/operation utilising various hazard identification techniques, with particular emphasis on their effect on the nuclear reactor plant and nuclear weapons critical safety functions.
This is a challenging but rewarding position that will require candidates to be effective communicators who are capable of engaging with external and internal resources and suitably qualified in an engineering discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering
Successful Candidates will be required to satisfy UK security clearances
Contract Scotland is committed to equal opportunities and diversity for its employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: LDA/PJP/18184
About Contract Scotland
Contract Scotland, "The Right People for Construction Recruitment in Scotland".
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland has operated in the Scottish construction industry for longer than any of our competitors. Providing Technical and Professional staff on a Temporary and Permanent basis, we are recognised for providing a high quality service and in the past 4 years Contract Scotland has won 10 awards including "Best Construction Recruitment Firm UK" and "Best Small/Medium Recruitment Firm to Work For" at the Professional Recruiter Awards in 2008 as well as obtaining REC Audited status in 2006.
All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the Industry Standard exams (REC Certificate & Diploma) to ensure the high quality service we provide. Our temporary workers are treated like an extension of our work force and we will present permanent options that suits your situation and skills.