Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 7 Aug 2012
As one of Scotland's most forward looking organisation's in the space in which they operate, our client extends strong local and regional partnerships with national and international links. The organisation delivers high value services to stakeholders in Scotland, London, Oman and China and continues to grow from strength to strength and has a strong ambition to build on its profile and reputation.
The main purpose of the role is:
To work independently and with the rest of the team to create, implement and enhance fundraising at all levels, but especially focused on potential four figure and above donors. To secure as many regular/continuing gifts as possible, as well as project based activity. As a core member of an integrated development and alumni team, this post will initiate contact and relationships with potential donors, but will also work with the Alumni Relations Officer, Development Services and others to build the prospect pool and drive relationship building and fundraising to a new level.
* Support the Development Manager and Fundraising team in the identification of, and approaches to, new philanthropic funding sources for priority projects.
* To personally manage a pool of assigned prospects of all types (targets will be set for total in the pool number of visits, number of asks etc.) including a portfolio of major gift prospects.
* To aim to spend at least 50% of the working week outside the organisation in direct engagement with prospects and donors.
* Steward existing major donors through contact with them directly and their offices, and maintain good relations in view of encouraging repeat donations.
* Produce effective written proposals and presentations for fundraising purposes, as well as written reports, emails and letters for stewarding purposes.
* Develop and implement detailed cultivation strategies and approaches for potential donors.
* Working with the Development Services Manager, conduct and request research into individuals, trusts and foundations and companies to develop a detailed profile of them.
www.badenochandclark.com - Let's find the career that connects with your life.Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.
Job Reference: 423957
Closing Date: 14-Aug-2012
About Badenoch and Clark
Badenoch & Clark, an MPS Group International company specialise in providing temporary, contract, interim and permanent recruitment solutions for Social Housing, Accountancy and Finance and Audit from our Edinburgh office. We recruit into the Public and Not for Profit Sectors, Commerce and Industry and Financial Services throughout Scotland. Established in 1980 we have grown into a network of 19 offices across the UK and Europe.