Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 7 Aug 2012
Our client currently has an opening for a Safety Officer. Based offshore you will form part of the Integrity department working within one of the worlds leading, progressive Oil exploration companies.
This fantastic opportunity has arisen due to continued aggressive business growth. Our client has ambitious future plans to continue this growth and are looking for a proven Safety Officer.
The Safety Officer will be required to manage safety and environmental performance and compliance with the HS&E Management System on the installation.
Duties will include but not be limited to;
- Ensure compliance with, and promote onboard awareness of all offshore safety requirements and procedures as well as environmental processes.
- Carry out site safety inspections and ensure compliance with Permit to Work system.
- Work with crews to enhance safety and environmental standards, participating in toolbox talks, risk assessments, inspections, audits and accident investigations as required.
- Ensure that all works are carried out with due regard to safer operation practises and company procedures.
- In the even of near miss/incidents, investigate and propose new procedures.
- Familiarise, train and mentor new and existing employees on unit procedures and HS&E routines.
- Provide a professional and informative liaison between the OIM, HSEQ and unit management to develop a first-class safety culture through training and initiatives
- Responsible for upkeep and management of the accident incident near miss reporting system.
- Provide regular reports to the OIM and analyse management.
- Fulfil the allocated responsibilities of the Divisional and Vessel safety and Environmental Management Systems
It is essential for the successful candidate to possess a good understanding of the technical and engineering issues fundamental to safety and risk management within the O&G industry, including knowledge of regulations such as SCR & PFEER.
A degree and/or professional qualification in an operationally focussed discipline and substantial experience in a major hazard environment.
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity and advance your career with this major player in the field please call Dawn Robertson on 01224 620440 or email your CV as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: UK669317:S1
About Hudson Aberdeen
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.