Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 8 Aug 2012
McAdam King Management Accountant Falkirk (Town) £DOE + Benefits
Our client is a leading business services firm, in the midst of some very significant growth. Reporting to the Accounting Manager you shall play an important part in the provision of business support accounting, specifically you shall:
· Assist with the production of monthly management accounts pack by depot/department and consolidation by area.
· Working closely with both Business Units and Operational Support departments as part of the appropriate team, understanding their business whilst essentially being part of the finance function.
· Identifying on daily, weekly and monthly intervals, overhead and margin variance analysis and ensuring any corrective actions carried out.
· Completing balance sheet reconciliations, to ensure reported profit is correct.
· Identification and analysis of variances to budget and identify potential corrective action with the Managers and Management Accountants.
· Assist in the preparation of budgets for the cost centres. Sales, COS, gross margin, overheads and gross profit.
· Any other project / ad hoc work.
It is expected that you shall be a ACCA/CIMA accountant with experience of complex management accounting, and ideally in a business support orientated role. Applicants without fully qualification are sought if they have strong commercial/management accounts experience.
Job Reference: CGM0970980
Closing Date: 24-Aug-2012
About McAdam King
McAdam King enjoys an unrivalled reputation for sourcing professionals across a wide range of disciplines and industry sectors. We have been instrumental in sourcing key personnel for many of Scotland's start-up businesses. Having a demonstrable reputation in our field, we have a genuine respect for delivery to both our clients and candidates.