Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 8 Aug 2012
Nathans Wastesavers Ltd MANAGER/TEAM LEADER Denny £30,000 c.
RAG BAG TEAM – NATHAN'S WASTESAVERS LTD
Due to continued expansion and development we are keen to recruit an enthusiastic Manager/Team Leader to join our busy Rag Bag Team based in our premises in Denny. Our 'Rag Bag' recycling scheme provides regular fundraising for schools, clubs and other such charity groups who are paid for every kg of textiles they recycle. Clothes are then sorted and shipped to developing countries for re-use. With over 6,000 schools and clubs nationwide currently registered on our scheme things can get a bit hectic!
Key duties of this new role will be to manage the Rag Bag administration team and promote excellent customer service by regularly reviewing procedures, communications and staff performance. There is also a requirement to liaise closely with courier/delivery companies and other providers.
This is very much a ‘hands on’ role in a busy environment therefore other duties will include providing general administration services as part of the Rag Bag team including:
- Dealing with Rag Bag telephone enquiries and ensuring prompt answering of all telephone calls
- Accurate logging of customer information and collection requests on our Rag Bag IT system
- Liaising with colleagues in Transport department and other areas of the business
- Weekly production and posting of certificates and cheques to Rag Bag customers
- Providing additional cover/support to Reception during breaks/holidays, etc
- Managing Rag Bag staff cover over breaks and absences
- Monitoring individual team members’ performance and attendance
- Continuing to develop and implement procedures that further streamline this operation
- Encouraging other members of the team to improve and develop their own skills
- Any other general administrative duties that may be required from time
The successful candidate is most likely to possess excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills and be able to use own initiative to identify and anticipate possible issues before they arise. Good customer care skills combined with a polite, friendly telephone manner are also vital, as are good keyboard skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Hours: 9am – 5pm Mon to Fri (35hrs pw)
Closing Date: 22-Aug-2012