Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 8 Aug 2012
Change are currently looking for an experienced senior account to join our client based inEdinburgh. This role is an excellent chance to combine management and financial reporting with access to all elements of the business and supporting the strategic decision making process. Applicants must have current financial services experience from either a retail banking or investment banking organisation. Applicants with Big 4 experience with relevant client exposure will be considered along with experience from large scale PLC businesses where the following duties are common place.
Duties of the role will include;
- Responsible for the review and production of board packs
- Production of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts
- Assisting with the annual budget setting process and rolling forecast review with department heads
- Preparation of statutory accounts and associated returns
- Producing VAT returns and ensuring postings made to the general ledger
- Monitoring of capital and liquidity positions for the company
- UKand Overseas regulatory reporting
- Ad hoc reporting and review as required by management
Applicants will be able to mix the demands of assisting with commercial decision making and reviewing management accounts with the attention to detail required for completing regulatory returns forUKand overseas entities. Strong interpersonal skills are a must along with the ability to influence and build relationships in a short period of time.
In return the successful applicant will get the chance to join one ofEdinburgh's leading financial services firms with the chance for longer term progression out with the initial contract of 6 months.
Salary - £42,000 - £47,000 DOE
Job Reference: 58723
Closing Date: 15-Aug-2012
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments