Vacancy posted: Thursday, 9 Aug 2012
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Competitive + Bonus
Our Client is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer for their state of the art facility.
Support the Senior Mechanical Engineer and Engineering Manager in ensuring that quality and workmanship within the demanding business constraints of minimising downtime and maximising production is obtained from all plant equipment and machinery.
The key tasks and duties may include the following:
- planning and completion of allocated preventative maintenance
- ensuring that all maintenance work is carried out to the agreed standard and updated in the site maintenance management system
- supervising a small team of maintenance fitters
- participating in training events arranged by the company
- work in a team and positively contributing to any team meetings arranged concerning issues relating to production and maintenance.
- ensuring compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures including the wearing of all personal protective equipment issued and the effective operation of the Lock Out System.
The ideal candidate will have a solid engineering background preferably with experience of HP steam systems. You will have extensive experience in a process or manufacturing industry and have previous experience of supervising and mentoring a team of fitters. You will be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft packages.
Our client is a forward thinking manufacturer of natural products with a state of the art facility based in the Highlands. The company has a proven track record with several hundred employees across various international locations. The company has a diverse product portfolio and has experienced continued growth and development in recent years.
GLOBAL HIGHLAND ENGINEERING
Global Highland is a leading recruitment company providing services as an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Global Highland Engineering (GHE) - part of Global Resource Management Limited - was launched in 2011 and has enjoyed rapid growth in a very short space of time. We recruit for a range of disciplines including Commercial, Procurement, Engineering, HSEQ, Technical and Project Management on a temporary, contract and permanent basis. Although headquartered in Inverness, we recruit for clients across the United Kingdom, covering the full spectrum of employment from newly qualified personnel, to established industry professionals and senior level appointments.
Job Reference: JM-MechEng