Vacancy posted: Thursday, 9 Aug 2012.
Ampcontrol UK Limited Senior Design Engineer/Design Engineers Irvine úNeg
The Ampcontrol Group is a leading international supplier of electrical and electronic products to the power, energy and mining sectors. We pride ourselves on providing superior products and services to all our market sectors including surface and underground mining, power distribution, energy, oil and gas, petroleum, tunnelling, industrial and infrastructure. Due to continuing growth in our UK business we are looking for a Materials Manager to join our Irvine facility and Senior Design Engineer / Design Engineers to join both our Irvine and Harworth - Doncaster facilities.
As Materials Manager you will effectively manage the flow of materials into and through the business ensuring all materials are available when required, controlling the movement of finished goods to customers and ensuring best value for money is obtained for all purchases.
To be considered for this role you will be a strong team player with high attention to detail and possess:-• Proven experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience of applying lean manufacturing principles and implementation of key materials management metrics
• Knowledge of MRP systems
• Proven delivery of improvements through materials management process
• Excellent man-management and communication skills
Senior Design Engineer/Design Engineers
You will be responsible for providing designs, equipment specifications, bills of materials etc. in accordance with relevant documentation and standards together with providing technical support to both internal and external customers.To be considered for this role you will possess:-• The ability to work efficiently with the minimum of supervision.
• Experience of mechanical & electrical design of Flameproof equipment.
• A good working knowledge of ATEX certification and overseas certification requirements (China, India & Russia).
• Proven record in using AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to organise and conduct on & off site testing of switchgear.
An attractive remuneration package will be on offer to the successful applicants dependant on relevant experience and qualifications.
Apply via email to: HR@ampcontrolgroup.co.uk
Closing Date: 31-Aug-2012