Vacancy posted: Thursday, 9 Aug 2012.
G S ASSOCIATES Payroll Manager Renfrew Circa £30,000
Payroll Manager required to work within a busy department at the Company Head Office based in Renfrew. You will be managing all aspects of payroll therefore a proven extensive knowledge of payroll is essential.
The successful candidate will have strong experience of working within and managing a payroll department and will be very comfortable with numbers and manual calculations. You must have experience and knowledge of all areas of payroll and have an enthusiastic “can do” approach.
This position will involve managing a small team of payroll administrators to process a large payroll operation from start to finish for approximately 3500 employees.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Preparation and submission of HMRC documentation including all end of year processes
- Reporting payroll information to management including; head count, forecasting and budgeting
- Year end procedures, including reporting to managers
- Able to work effectively with other departments within the business
- Dealing with correspondence and payroll queries from employees, statutory bodies and third parties.
- Responsibility for processing payroll transactions and updates
- Identification of overpayments and implementation of procedure to ensure repayment
- Responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication with all employees and other departmental interfaces, including the resolution of issues on a first and second line basis
- Responsibility for resolution of account reconciliation
- Responsibility for related payroll duties as required or assigned and discussed on an individual basis
- Budgetary control and monitoring of variances
- Processing weekly payroll data
- Monitor general regulatory changes
- Carry out all necessary Right to Work checks to ensure full compliance with legislation
You will be required to work in conjunction with the Accounts and the HR Department to provide business reports to our Senior Managers in various formats therefore the successful candidate should possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and have experience of using Excel and Word.
Knowledge of Sage Payroll would be advantageous but not essential as necessary training will be provided.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com