Vacancy posted: Thursday, 9 Aug 2012
National Events Manager (Scotland, N.I. and North East)
Home-based (Scotland or North East region)
C£29,000 pa including allowances
Do you live in Scotland or the North East and have experience of delivering a range of events?
We’re looking for a National Events Manager to:
· Deliver a portfolio of Race for Life events in the Scotland, Northern Ireland and North East region
· Line manage a team of five home-based event managers and one marketing manager
· Manage the delivery of regional marketing communications to ensure participation and income targets are met
· Manage logistical event delivery ensuring events are delivered in new & innovative ways on time and within agreed budgets
· Work as part of a team of national managers and other colleagues to ensure that our events programme delivers an excellent supporter experience whilst meeting all current event delivery standards
· Identify cost-saving or income-generating opportunities by understanding the events market and knowing the competition
· Act as an ambassador for your events and Cancer Research UK in the region.
Beating cancer is a real challenge. Here at Cancer Research UK we have 3,500 talented people who are passionate about achieving this vision and thrive in our complex, diverse and dynamic environment. Now we need a National Events Manager to make a real difference to our Events Team. Through the delivery of a centrally co-ordinated programme of events, the team aim to maximise income, awareness and supporter recruitment for Cancer Research UK.
Join our team, and you can help us save millions of lives through:
· Your experience of line managing, empowering and motivating regional home-based staff
· Your excellent planning, project management and IT skills
· Your self-motivation and ability to manage time effectively
· Your proven track record of multitasking and prioritising workload.
Our passion, determination and ambition lead us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets. This means that you’ll need to have a high focus on driving cost efficiencies and identifying cost savings, demonstrating commitment to new approaches and driving new ways of working. You’ll also demonstrate resilience and determination to drive projects through to completion on time and on budget.
If you can do this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard to beat cancer – together.
How to Apply
All applications should be made via the Cancer Research UK careers website, where you will need to create a profile before you can submit an application. Our online application process also involves attaching your CV and covering letter, which should outline your interest in applying for the role and explain how you meet the set criteria. You can apply for a job by clicking on the Apply Online link at the bottom of each job posting.
This role requires home-based working in either Scotland or the North East region. Applicants living outside of these regions who are not willing to relocate will not be considered.
Closing date: 30th August 2012.
Interview date: 11th September 2012.
Job Reference: EVE00169
Closing Date: 30-Aug-2012