Vacancy posted: Saturday, 11 Aug 2012
**** PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU CURRENTLY HOLD THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE EU/UK. OUR CLIENT IS NOT ABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS SPECIFIC POSITION AT THIS TIME ****
- Operate, maintain and repair the Client’s and customer equipment
- Ensure all equipment is serviced, repaired and maintained and tested to the required standards
- Perform all activities safely and under the direction of both the Workshop Supervisor and Operations Manager
- Maintain quality of equipment
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- 1. Key Responsibilities
(Input and outputs. The function is to do what…. in order to achieve what…)
- Assemble surface and subsea wellhead and controls equipment, Including but not restricted to the likes of Tubing Hangers, Flow bases, Subsea Trees, Tree Caps and running tools, Lower Risers Packages and Emergency Disconnect Packages. Hydraulic Power Units, Panel and Reels.
- Carry out maintenance and repairs of subsea controls equipment, Including but not restricted to the likes of Work Over Control Systems, Reels, Umbilicals, Sheaves, Pumps, pressure containing vessels and flushing units
- Carry out modifications to subsea wellhead and controls equipment
- Lead and assist with customer site integration testing of surface and subsea wellhead and controls equipment.
- Hydro test surface and subsea equipment, when qualified gas test surface and subsea equipment
- Flush subsea wellhead and controls equipment.
- When required be dedicated to major customer projects
- Assist with the inspection of equipment
- Be able to read and understand assembly drawings complete with bills of material and hydraulic schematics
- Maintain the work package, signing up route cards, signing procedures and labelling work package evidence, IE charts and flushing samples.
- Recognise the status and certification requirements of equipment on arrival with the Client and action accordingly
- Prepare equipment for return to customers. Ensuring all equipment is loaded and secured safely and in accordance with the Client quality standards,
- Co-operate with 3rd party inspection services in accordance with requirements
- Moving of equipment and parts around theworkshopfacility by mechanical and physical means
- Be responsible for your own safety and the safety of others within the work place, working in a safe, tidy and efficient manor. assisting to maintaining safety within the work place, tiding work areas during and after operations,
- Assist, coach and mentor young trainees or newer employees within the work place.
- Operate and Maintain Work Over Control Systems to customer requirements during offshore operations.
- Maintain quality of equipment, including but not restricted to the likes of Hydraulic Power Units, Reelers, Umbilical’s, Surface Tree Control Panels.
- Test and flush Work Over Control Systems.
- Carry out modifications to Subsea controls equipment
- Assist the client with the preparation of offshore equipment
- Be prepared to provide input to the client programme.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
- Ensure all paperwork and documentation is checked and completed accurately
- Report and communicate with Operations Manager on progress of job and of any issues that arise
Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- 2. QHSE RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1. Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- 2. Apply the Client, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- 3. ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT JOB
(Working environment, international travel, driving licence requirement, client training etc.)
Will be based in the Workshop here at the Client when not offshore.
(Professional, Technical, Academic Certificates required for the job)
- Time Served Technician
- Experience in working with Subsea equipment
- National certificate in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Relevant work experience
- Experience in general fitting
- Experience in the Oil and Gas sector
Knowledge of General Engineering
7. PERSONAL QUALITIES
Must be a highly motivated, and goal oriented individual, with an ability to:
- Work unsupervised, and to take responsibility for effectiveness of own work,
relate to staff at all levels,
- Respond effectively to demands of a high and varied work load, and changing job priorities.
- Will be an enthusiastic, flexible self-starter
- · Strong communications skills
- Flexible and able to support and interface with people at all levels.
- Confidential, sincere, honest with integrity
- Approachable, resourceful, drive and motivation, assertive
- Effective Team player
- Good time keeper
Onshore - Essential Experience
· Assemble surface and subsea wellhead and controls equipment, Including but not restricted to the likes of Tubing Hangers, Flow bases, Subsea Trees, Tree Caps and running tools, Lower Risers Packages and Emergency Disconnect Packages. Hydraulic Power Units, Panel and Reels.
· Carry out maintenance and repairs of subsea controls equipment, Including but not restricted to the likes of Work Over Control Systems, Reels, Umbilicals, Sheaves, Pumps, pressure containing vessels and flushing units
· Hydro test surface and subsea equipment, when qualified gas test surface and subsea equipment
· Be able to read and understand assembly drawings complete with bills of material and hydraulic schematics
Offshore - Essential Experience
· Operate and Maintain Work Over Control Systems to customer requirements during offshore operations.
· Maintain quality of equipment, including but not restricted to the likes of Hydraulic Power Units, Reelers, Umbilicals, and Surface Tree Control Panels.
· Test and flush Work Over Control Systems.
Job Reference: VR/02206
About Thorpe Molloy Recruitment Ltd
Thorpe Molloy Recruitment provides professional resourcing services within the following specialisms: Executive Accountancy and Finance Business Development Commercial Contracts Human Resources IT Legal Office Personnel Marketing Professional Trades QHSE Supply Chain Candidates benefit from our strong, long term relationships formed across blue chip companies, international firms and local entrepreneurial businesses. In conjunction, our clients benefit from our rich talent pool of candidates, impartial advice and unrivalled local market knowledge. Recruiting across all market sectors we source permanent, temporary and part-time talent efficiently and effectively, from entry level vacancies through to director and board level appointments. Our aim is to deliver exceptional customer service to all our clients and candidates. To consistently achieve this we work to the Values which are at the heart of our organisation. Thorpe Molloy Recruitment is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation.