Vacancy posted: Monday, 13 Aug 2012
Murray Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Management Accountant to join our client's progressive team based in Glasgow.
Job Objective and Responsibilities
The role of Management Accountant is to provide efficient and effective support to the Regional Finance Manager (RFM). The MA will be responsible for the majority of month end adjustments and will therefore be instrumental in influencing the accuracy, timeliness and integrity of the regional performance. The MA in conjunction with the RFM will be involved in contract and portfolio analysis, indirectly influencing the regional decision making process.
- To assist with month end duties, including overview and production of monthly accruals and prepayments,
- To produce monthly Profit and Loss reports for operations teams,
- To perform monthly balance sheet reviews and reconciliations to ensure the integrity of the balance sheet is maintained,
- To assist with monthly variance analysis at Regional, Portfolio and contract level,
- Prepare information for monthly business review meetings,
- Review overhead costs to ensure accurate allocation,
- Conduct monthly reviews with Regional managers, operations managers and contract managers,
- To consolidate information for regional order book and evolution reporting,
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting,
- To support the RFM in ensuring that correct accounting procedures are applied at all times,
- To support activities geared towards the optimisation of regional cash flow and working capital management,
- Central Services interface, including, but not limited to: Credit Control, Accounts Payable, contract billing and procurement, To deputise for the RFM when required and Ad hoc projects.
- Good level of financial and commercial understanding, with experience of working in a financial environment,
- Deadline driven with strong planning and organising skills,
- MS Excel competent to a good standard,
- Generally IT literate,
- Clear communicator both oral and written,
- Part Qualified accountant (preferably CIMA),
- Versatile – should be able to adjust to the many challenges encountered on a day to day basis,
- Innovative - ability to continually assess and improve finance process, accuracy of the accounts and the analysis provided to management.
Please send your up to date CV in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating current and anticipated salary expectations.
About Murray Recruitment
Murray Recruitment Limited provides complete recruitment solutions as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We deliver a unique service to clients and candidates alike, we do this simply by listening and taking your needs and wants then tailoring our services so that we can provide a positive and successful experience.