Vacancy posted: Monday, 13 Aug 2012
Our high profile, global client has an exciting new opportunity for a Payroll Assistant to join their proactive team in West Lothian.
The hours of work will be 8.00am-4.30pm, Monday-Friday. Due to location candidates must have their own transport.
Most of the training will be on site in West Lothian however there may be 1-2 weeks at another location within the UK.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and input payroll data regarding starters, leavers, salary information, hours, holiday & sickness to be paid and check bonus payments.
- Calculate SSP, SMP, etc according to guidelines.
- Produce and distribute statistics and reports.
- Distribute payslips and issue P45/P60s to employees.
- Administer and reconcile pension schemes.
- Setting up PC's and software updates as required.
- It is essential that candidates have recent experience within high volume payroll with knowledge of SSP, SMP procedures, etc.
- You will be enthusiastic and confident.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Flexible manner.
In return our client offers excellent training, a starting salary of £23,800 rising to £28,250 in year 3 and 25 days holidays + Public days.
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your CV in the first instance.
About Margaret Hodge
Margaret Hodge Recruitment is a recruitment consultancy with over 30 years of experience of both temporary and permanent recruitment in Scotland. Margaret Hodge Recruitment provides the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment, and an Employment Business for temporary work. Please note that due to the high volume of response to job vacancies, we regret that we are unable to respond to every applicant individually. Only candidates who meet the specified criteria will be considered for this role.