Vacancy posted: Monday, 13 Aug 2012
Professional HR Services Mechanical Engineer Hamilton úto be discussed
My client, based in Hamilton and a leading brand name within the domestic heating controls market, seek a Mechanical Engineer to take responsibility for all aspects of the mechanical design of products, including thermostats, valves, actuators and programmers.
- Provide mechanical design support to new product developments, product modifications and value engineering activities.
- Prepare detailed engineering 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other departments/functions.
Skills / Qualifications Required
- Experience in the design of mechanical products.
- Knowledge and experience of the design and manufacture of pressed metal and plastic moulded parts.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of 2D and 3D CAD tools.
- Strong computer literacy skills - Windows, MS Office etc.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent team player.
- Skilled in prioritising and managing multiple tasks and projects.
This will be competitive in line with the level of responsibility of the role.