Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 14 Aug 2012
Trade Operations Manager (In-House Trades Team) Falkirk (Town) £40,239 - £50,973 [dependant on skill and experience]
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced manager to initiate, develop and mobilise a new In-House Trades Team delivering a first class repairs service to Link’s customers.
Following a strategic review of our reactive and void repairs delivery, we have created a new post to lead the implementation of Link’s In House Trades Team.
You will develop a cost effective maintenance division within Link; establish, lead and incrementally grow a team which consists of Trade Supervisors, multi-disciplined tradespersons, caretaking and supporting administration staff.
Forming part of the Development and Asset Management Team, supported by the Director, you will develop a robust business plan for the eventual mobilisation of the service, recruiting and leading a team to ensure delivery of highly customer-focused and progressive repairs service.
You will need:
- Successful track record of managing and delivering a reactive and void repairs contracting operation, including direct management of trades operatives
- Substantial experience of working at management level in a repairs oriented organisation
- Experience of developing appropriate business plans and strategies for growth
- Excellent technical knowledge and an understanding of housing and property related legislation and policy
- Minimum of Higher National Certificate/Diploma in Building or equivalent
- Excellent communication, planning and financial management skills
For a comprehensive list of the essential and desirable criteria required for this post, please refer to the person specification in the job information pack below.
Link offers excellent terms and conditions, including up to 40 days’ annual leave and a generous contributory pension scheme. As an Investor in People and Healthy Working Lives Gold Award holder, we aim to provide a wide range of development opportunities and healthy living initiatives. You'll work with colleagues who offer support to ensure our customers' expectations are met. In return, we are looking for applications from people who will contribute to our aims and work to the highest professional standards.
Closing Date: 27 August
Interview Dates: 1st 7 September, 2nd 12 September
To apply for this position, please click "apply online" below.
Please note that CV's will not be considered.
Link is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community. Our office is fully accessible to wheelchair users and we will interview all disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.