Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 15 Aug 2012
Sgurr Energy Ltd Finance Assistant Glasgow £TBA
SgurrEnergy is an international engineering consultancy. We are one of the world’s leading technical advisory organisations specialising in renewable energy, power generation and transmission, including onshore and offshore wind, wave, hydro, solar and bio energy. Our success to date is based on in-depth process and engineering knowledge, applied in a practical manner to provide the best possible solutions and advice to our clients. SgurrEnergy is a world-leader in providing expertise to the biggest names in renewable industry.
Due to ongoing UK and international expansion, we are seeking to recruit a Finance Assistant to join our busy team based at our head office in Glasgow. You will be accountable for providing a very high quality of finance support working in a varied role as part of a diverse team. It is important that you hold the motivation and confidence to be able to multi-task across a broad range of requests.
- Purchase & Sales Ledger to support our International Offices
- Month end reporting of Sales & Purchase Ledger
- Employee expense processing for International Offices
- Interoffice billing
- Petty Cash Reconciliations
- Cover for UK Sales & Purchase Ledger when required
The ideal candidate will have:
· Ability to demonstrate significant previous experience of a similar position
· High Level of Numeracy
· Excellent oral communication skills
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Ability to build relationships with internal/external customers
· Ability to consistently achieve results and work to strict deadlines
Other attributes which will be required include:
· The ability to be both tactful and persuasive
· Flexible with working hours when work loads are heavy
· Remain calm and level headed under pressure
· Multi-tasking team player
· Time management and prioritising workloads
· The ability to resolve problems using own initiative and judgment
Hours: 37 hours per week.
Holidays: 23 days and 9 public holidays.
Contract: Permanent after 3 month probationary period.
Training: Active encouragement of personal and professional development.
Equal opportunities: We follow an equal opportunities policy.
Salary: Negotiable - dependent upon experience. The company offers excellent long-term career prospects.
Location: Glasgow but travel as required.
To apply please click the apply button enclosing full CV and covering letter with the subject heading "Finance Assistant" and send to email@example.com.
Closing date 28th August 2012 – shortlisted candidates will be advised by telephone or e-mail
Please note SgurrEnergy Ltd will not require Agency Support to fill this role
Closing Date: 28-Aug-2012