Vacancy posted: Thursday, 16 Aug 2012
The post holder will work as part of the Residential team at Ferndale Children’s Services delivering high quality Residential care to children and young people who require to be looked after away from home.
The post holder will work in partnership with families, social workers, education and health to ensure young peoples’ needs are identified and met within a structured person centred care plan.
The post holder will contribute to the continuous achievements and improvements of Ferndale Children’s Services.
There is a flexible working rota which is planned to ensure consideration of holidays, training and outings.
There is a requirement to cover day, evening, nightshift and sleepover duties. There is also occasional requirement to work outwith core daily hours or weekends dependent on the requirements of the service.
For more information about the post please contact Donna MacInnes on 0141 777 3080
CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Job Reference: EAD002411
Closing Date: 29-Aug-2012
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills. It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley. With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles. It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.