Vacancy posted: Friday, 17 Aug 2012
HR Manager - Employee Service Desk. Glasgow
Our client have a new vacancy for an HR Manager to manage a large team across the Employee Service Desk.
Your remit will involve:
This role is to drive excellence in the areas of accuracy, timeliness and follow-through for all HR customers in line with KPIs and service levels. To contract with stakeholders regarding service provision and manage relationships on behalf of HR.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the HR team to drive successful delivery of service targets.
- To take ownership for team performance, actively seeking opportunities to improve and develop service.
- Undertake regular one-to-one meetings with team members to develop ability through call monitoring and development plans.
- Manage & motivate team members, ensuring working processes are adhered to.
- Manage all absence and disciplinary issues as required.
- Manage the day-to-day HR operation ensuring ALL end to end service levels are met or exceeded, including productivity and quality measures.
- Analyse performance & activity, making recommendations for increased efficiencies and productivity.
- Ensure all metrics, measures and management information is up to date and circulated as appropriate, within agreed timetable.
- Contribute to core business drivers to monitor and manage performance.
- Pro-actively engage with stakeholders to identify and overcome issues arising.
- Escalate where appropriate if a detrimental effect on the service is likely to occur.
- Maintain and update all knowledge management systems.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of current policies, ensuring ongoing compliance and service delivery.
- Ensure that regular training is conducted to maximise team skills & resources; ensuring the skills matrix and training plans for the team are up to date and relevant.
- To participate in projects and working parties and to carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit for the purpose of personal development, or as may be reasonably required by the Company.
Attributes for the role:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others.
- Strong focus on customer service with experience of building collaborative relationships with your customer.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and support own views when challenged.
- Be able to prioritise, plan, manage and organise own and others work effectively.
- Experience of managing HR support functions.
- The experience and ability to coach and deliver high performing teams.
- Experience of working in a high volume fast paced shared services environment.
- Skilled in Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications at intermediate level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled and knowledgeable of current legislation ensuring compliance within service delivery at all times.
- Commercial and Budget awareness.
Please apply by sending your CV and stating your current salary & salary expectations and notice period if applicable.
Job Reference: BRAF2843
Closing Date: 20-Aug-2012
About Byrne Recruitment
Byrne Recruitment, headed up by Lisa Byrne, provides total recruitment solutions. We cover permanent & temporary staff at all levels across a range of disciplines including Accountancy & Finance, HR, Scientific & the Multi Lingual markets. We listen to what you want & tailor our service to your requirements whether you are looking for the ideal job or looking to recruit the ideal candidate. Byrne Recruitment Limited acts as both an employment business & an employment agency. Byrne Recruitment Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer