Vacancy posted: Friday, 17 Aug 2012
>> Educated to Standard Grade level or equivalent, you work to a high level of accuracy and have excellent customer care skills. As well as having an unwillingness to work regular unsocial hours, you also have the ability to work unsupervised and under pressure. Experience working within a leisure facility would be desirable.
>> You will be required to ensure the safety and good conduct of members of the public whilst they are in the Facility.
>> This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
Certain terms and conditions of service for this post may change under proposals to implement revised provisions, which the Council is currently consulting and negotiating on.Informal Enquiries to: Gordon Young 01467 620654
>> Deliver the safe operation of Recreational facilities, excluding swimming pool.
>> Deliver a high standard of customer relations
>> Assist the Duty Officer in the improvement of all services areas
>> Front line contact for customer enquiries
- Carry out inspections, including health and safety
- Take part in the staff supervision, planning, training and development
- Deliver of a high standard of customer care
- Assist the Duty Officer with advertising and promotion of all services
- Control the environments and associated plant within set standards
- Maintain the security of the building and estates
- Ensure the safety of all users
- Comply with all financial procedures
- Ensure that administrative functions are carried out accurately and timeously
Job Reference: ABS013462
Closing Date: 30-Aug-2012