Vacancy posted: Monday, 20 Aug 2012
Leading international supplier of Support Services to the Defence Sector require a Buyer to join their Rosyth based team on a 6 month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Senior Buyer you will assist in the development and implantation of supply chain objectives
Responsibilities will include:
- Raise and manage Purchase orders
- Prepare and issue RFQs and Adhoc requests as required
- Manager supplier pricing schedules
- Report and manage obsolescence and technical enquiries
- Manage aged requisitions
- Negotiate and manage Negative Buys
- Responsible for supplier discrepancies
- Repair contract management
- Support supplier audits
- Monitor the performance of suppliers relevant to their transactional activity
- Understand and implement contract requirements and any special contractual conditions
- Negotiate keen competitive prices often against a background of demanding target savings and sole source suppliers
To be considered for this role it is essential you are able to demonstrate detailed knowledge of material supply and service contracts and have the ability to communicate effectively at management level
Initially this contract would be for a 6 month period however it could be extended further for the right candidate
Contract Scotland is committed to equal opportunities and diversity for its employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: LDA/PJP/18248
About Contract Scotland
Contract Scotland, "The Right People for Construction Recruitment in Scotland".
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland has operated in the Scottish construction industry for longer than any of our competitors. Providing Technical and Professional staff on a Temporary and Permanent basis, we are recognised for providing a high quality service and in the past 4 years Contract Scotland has won 10 awards including "Best Construction Recruitment Firm UK" and "Best Small/Medium Recruitment Firm to Work For" at the Professional Recruiter Awards in 2008 as well as obtaining REC Audited status in 2006.
All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the Industry Standard exams (REC Certificate & Diploma) to ensure the high quality service we provide. Our temporary workers are treated like an extension of our work force and we will present permanent options that suits your situation and skills.