Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012
Learner Services - Modern Apprentice (3 posts) Kilwinning apprentice rate national minimum wage £2.60 per hour
1 Post - Waterfront & Finnart Campus, Greenock
2 Posts - North Ayrshire Campus, Kilwinning
Our Trainee Administration programme lets you learn while you earn, allowing you to gain meaningful work experience whilst continuing to further your qualifications. This exciting opportunity will place you within James Watt College in a trainee administration role helping you work towards a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Admin.
Due to Government Regulations anyone over the age of 20 will not be eligible to receive funding for this programme. Any applicants over the age of 20 are advised the current cost of this qualification is £2,550.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Use Microsoft Office packages such as Word and Excel for data capture.
- Use college IT systems.
- Carry out customer service duties including Reception enquiries and dealing with customer requests and administration duties.
- Deal with internal and external customers by telephone and face to face.
- Work towards a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
- Basic computer skills.
- Communication skills, both oral and written.
- Numeracy skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Self motivated.
- Attention to detail.
- Team working skills.
Closing Date: Monday, 27th August 2012
Interviews: Friday, 31st August (North Ayrshire post) & Tuesday, 4th September (Greenock post)
Job Reference: 019/12/WFC / 020/12/NAC
Closing Date: 27-Aug-2012