Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012
An opportunity has emerged for a Project Engineer to provide support to our client’s onshore Wind farm business. Our client is the world’s largest wind farm developer. Working within the onshore technical services team you will you provide technical support, (primarily SCADA), communications, control and instrumentation to the business. You will be tasked with assisting the Lead C&I Engineer in the management, generation and review of design proposals and also the management and supervision of consultants and subcontractors. The position will require you to be on site, within the UK, during the construction phase of projects.
- Assist the project teams with the management of the process of developing and constructing renewable energy assets, from initial application through to commissioning and testing.
- Participate in the identification and technical assessment of suitable technologies and their optimisation to achieve safe, reliable and cost effective design and operation of renewable energy assets.
- Contribute to the delivery of an agreed set of technical schedules for inclusion within design, turbine and infrastructure contracts.
- Participate in the technical review of tenders for design, turbine and infrastructure contracts, their evaluation and recommendation of the preferred supplier.
- Review and manage the requirements of 3rd party systems, SCADA and the like, their interfaces in relation to grid, turbines and other systems.
- Provide technical support to our operational portfolio of renewable generating assets.
- Participate in the delivery (on/off site) of expert technical services in support of renewable generation projects.
- Liaise and coordinate with external suppliers and contractors to ensure delivery specifications are met; providing input on appropriate tender assessments.
- Ensure all technical recommendations / advice is supported by due diligence to analyse new opportunities in the market.
- Technical input to commercial agreements and contracts to ensure project risks are mitigated.
- Contribute to the identification, resolution, management of technical risks, issues and impacts to projects to mitigate hazards during their construction and operation.
- Adhere to the appropriate technical strategies set out by to the Lead C&I Engineer.
Required skill set and experience:
- Electrical / Electronic / Control /Communication Engineering degree qualification.
- Experience in developing and writing technical reports, specifications, assessing tenders and understanding the supply chain.
- Experience in assessing control system and associated LV electrical design.
- Experience in supporting development, construction and operation phases of power generation projects.
- Experience of Power Generation industry and knowledge of renewable technologies.
- Working knowledge of industrial communication standards, protocols, SCADA, control and protection systems.
- Knowledge and awareness of environmental issues and legislation in relation to construction projects.
- Willing to travel and to work away from base office location as and when required
Job Reference: UK669797:S1
About Hudson Energy Infrastructure & Technical
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV. Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.