Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 22 Aug 2012
A Leading supplier to the Marine, Nuclear and Defence Sectors are seeking additional Project Schedulers to join their multidisciplinary team based in Rosyth,
Reporting to the Programme Manager and Project teams the role will incorporate the following duties
- Develop and maintain time and resource levelled network schedules for specific projects.
- Regularly analyse project schedule and manage any variance and float.
- Ensure that project objectives and strategies are fully understood and articulated within the project schedules.
- Assist in the development of processes for Earned Value Management (EVM) reporting.
- Routinely produce and evaluate management information from the project schedules.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Work Breakdown Structure, Organisational Breakdown Structure and Responsibilities Breakdown Structure for scopes of work.
- Produce overall project resource labour loading curves.
- Liaise with Operations, Manufacturing, Procurement and Engineering teams to ensure all planning interfaces and dependencies are fully captured in the network planning schedule.
- Produce and maintain cardinal date plan, critical path analysis and key event plan.
- Assist with quantitative schedule risk analysis.
- Routinely update the project schedule in line with reporting requirements.
To be considered for this role previous scheduling/planning experience is essential as well as a solid understanding of Planning Software such as Primavera or MSP. Experience in manufacturing, modular build or ship building would be also be highly advantageous.
Please note successful candidates will be required to satisfy UK Security Clearance Measures.
Contract Scotland is committed to equal opportunities and diversity for its employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: LDA/PJP/18383
About Contract Scotland
Contract Scotland, "The Right People for Construction Recruitment in Scotland".
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland has operated in the Scottish construction industry for longer than any of our competitors. Providing Technical and Professional staff on a Temporary and Permanent basis, we are recognised for providing a high quality service and in the past 4 years Contract Scotland has won 10 awards including "Best Construction Recruitment Firm UK" and "Best Small/Medium Recruitment Firm to Work For" at the Professional Recruiter Awards in 2008 as well as obtaining REC Audited status in 2006.
All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the Industry Standard exams (REC Certificate & Diploma) to ensure the high quality service we provide. Our temporary workers are treated like an extension of our work force and we will present permanent options that suits your situation and skills.