Vacancy posted: Friday, 24 Aug 2012
This client who are working on a major civil engineering contract in the east of Scotland are looking for a Materials Engineer to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
Key duties will include:
- Collating and analysing material data (quarry and concrete) on site
- Working to solve problems that may arise
- Liaising with colleagues in technical support
- Ensuring materials is tested under different conditions; land and marine.
The person will meet the following requirements:
- Significant demonstrable experience in a similar role on a major project
- Good knowledge of concrete mix technology, with particular focus on large concrete pours
- A team player, who will work effectively with other departments on site (such as plant and engineering) and the client and design team.
- Experience working with robust QA/QC systems
- Strong report writing skills
Contract Scotland is committed to equal opportunities and diversity for its employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: KCA/DMH/18433
About Contract Scotland
Contract Scotland, "The Right People for Construction Recruitment in Scotland".
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland has operated in the Scottish construction industry for longer than any of our competitors. Providing Technical and Professional staff on a Temporary and Permanent basis, we are recognised for providing a high quality service and in the past 4 years Contract Scotland has won 10 awards including "Best Construction Recruitment Firm UK" and "Best Small/Medium Recruitment Firm to Work For" at the Professional Recruiter Awards in 2008 as well as obtaining REC Audited status in 2006.
All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the Industry Standard exams (REC Certificate & Diploma) to ensure the high quality service we provide. Our temporary workers are treated like an extension of our work force and we will present permanent options that suits your situation and skills.