Vacancy posted: Saturday, 25 Aug 2012
Our client is an international investment company who has recently acquired a sizable business in Glasgow to be part of an already highly successful portfolio. As a result of the acquisition, they are seeking a dynamic qualified accountant to work closely with the Managing Director to manage all aspects of the finance function and assimilate the business into the overall Group structure.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced finance professional who will relish this opportunity to join a business at such an exciting time. This is a rare prospect to be part of a dedicated senior management team establishing a new direction for the business, with future opportunity to become Finance Director or take on further assignments within the Group.
This role is initially for 12 months but will provide an ideal platform for an ambitious and highly capable individual ready to take the next step in their career. Please note you must be available at relatively short notice (i.e. one month or ideally less) to apply.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to ensure robust financial systems, controls and processes are established quickly.
- Assist in the transition and integration process from the previous owners into the Group.
- Review monthly accounts, challenge performance, drive efficient reporting and contribute commercially to the growth of the business.
- Lead and execute projects to enhance overall operational excellence, including the improvement of operating margins; the optimisation of working capital performance; the financial evaluation of capital expenditure; and the optimisation of the back office systems to deliver maximum business efficiency.
- Contribute commercially to the growth of the business.
- Work with the Managing Director on the preparation of the annual budgets and strategic plans.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial compliance, including support for the annual audit process.
Who we are looking for:
- Qualified accountant and experienced finance professional with a strong academic background.
- A proven track record of financial and commercial achievement in a competitive and dynamic sector.
- Very strong commercial acumen with the ability to contribute directly to the overall business strategy and work with other members of the senior management team on their functional commercial issues.
- Proven ability in preparing management and statutory accounts to meet demanding reporting deadlines.
- Good negotiation skills and the ability to fully understand and maximise all the components of the business.
- Successful change management, acquisition and business integration experience will be a distinct advantage.
- Ideally previous experience of working and reporting in a large corporate environment.
- Natural gravitas with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Practical, pragmatic, hardworking and committed.
- Passionate, driven, with high personal integrity.
To apply or discuss the role in more detail, please contact our advisor Mark Lewis at Livingston James on 0141 375 7333 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 07-Sep-2012
About Livingston James
Livingston James is a leading search and selection practice. We’re here to connect professional expertise and business needs- with a depth of understanding and a range of experience that goes beyond the traditional boundaries of our industry. Founded in 2010, with the ideal blend of youth and experience, we provide bespoke recruitment solutions for listed, private, public and third sector organisations, as well as a range of career development services for senior business professionals.