Vacancy posted: Saturday, 25 Aug 2012
>> In this diverse role, you will assist in all aspects of the management of local roads network and the delivery of related services.
>> You will have proven track record in road construction and/or road maintenance. Experience in contract preparation, financial monitoring and the development of annual programmes of work. As well as a recognised qualification in Civil Engineering, you also have the ability to travel within Aberdeenshire.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk
Certain terms and conditions of service for this post may change under proposals to implement revised provisions, which the Council is currently consulting and negotiating on.
A generous relocation package is available to the successful candidate where appropriate.
Informal Enquiries: Lynn Malcolm tel 01224 664776
>> To support the relevant Senior Roads Engineer in the management of the local roads network and the delivery of related services.
- Line management of technical employees
- Allocation of work to technical employees
- Commissioning work from both in house personnel and private contractors and consultants with agreed procedures
- Preparation of reports
- Contributing to the management of the local road network
- Contributing to the development of annual works programmes in accordance with agreed policies and strategies
Job Reference: ABS014104
Closing Date: 14-Sep-2012