Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012
Tax Compliance Accountant role based in Altens, Aberdeen
A global organisation based in Altens, Aberdeen a reputable and household name within Oil + Gas, looking to add to their team with an experienced and suitably qualified Accountant. We are currently seeking a Tax Compliance Accountant who is looking for an exciting and challenging career - an employer that enables you to make a real difference.
You will assist in the preparation of UK Tax Provision for inclusion in the statutory accounts. By assisting the Statutory Reporting Group in the identification of supporting information required to prepare tax provisions and computations. To assist in the preparation of UK tax computations and returns for submission to HMRC and also be involved in the identification and quantification of any claims the companies can make within the tax computation. To deal with HMRC in the handling of any enquiries that may be raised against submitted computations and to provide support in non UK tax compliance covered by the Tax Department based in the UK.
- Preparation of tax computations, incorporating the preparation or collection of the necessary supporting files to back up amounts included.
- Identification and documentation of systems required for the preparation of tax computations.
- Identification of potential claims capable of being made, and involvement in generating the necessary support to make these claims.
- Ensuring all claims and elections are made in the time limit allowed
- Liaison with professional advisors to assist any review of the computations, prior to submission
- Handling of responses to HMRC in connection with any enquiry that may be raised
- Fostering a positive relationship with HMRC
- Assist in the identification and review of any tax saving opportunities
- Involvement in any tax due diligence required.
- Involvement in preparing overseas branch returns for UK entities, and also assisting in the preparation of non UK entity compliance for overseas locations where necessary.
- Provide assistance to the UK accounting groups to ensure provisions and charges included in the management accounts are as accurate as possible.
- Maintenance of the Tax filing system.
- Maintenance of Group Taxation summary schedules.
- Any other task the incumbent may reasonably be requested to do considering the incumbent’s background and experience.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity and advance your career with this major player in the field please call Chris McGeechan on 01224 620462 or email your CV as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: UK670848:S1
About Hudson Aberdeen
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.