Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 29 Aug 2012
Fantastic Opportunity for a multi-skilled Shift Maintenance Electrical Engineer to join a progressive company based in West Lothian.
- Electrical engineering qualification (HNC or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an industrial/process environment.
- Good understanding of current IEE regulations and IEC standards.
- Experience of maintaining and troubleshooting PLC systems (preferably Siemens S7-300 PLC systems & Allen Bradley) including Scada / Visualisation systems.
- Extensive knowledge of motor controls, process instrumentation loops and VSD’s.
- Knowledge of combustion burners, kilns and furnaces is essential.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting electrical schematics and x-ref to program lists.
- Experienced and proficient at installing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment.
- Industrial Electrical containment skills required.
- General pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems experience and ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Plumbing and pipe fitting skills preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrate good fault finding skills in a safe working manner.
- Work on own initiative, unsupervised and have the ability to make decisions.
- Able to work at heights.
- Computer literate using the Windows XP operating system.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Clear understanding of health, safety and environmental issues.
- Flexibility and teamwork is essential.
Applicants should be willing to work shifts; work overtime and provide weekend standby cover if required. There will also be travel to the client various sites.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to Michelle McLaughlin using the apply online now link or call 0141 564 1534
HR Consultancy acts as both an employment business and an employment agency
Job Reference: GLA/MM/889856
Closing Date: 31-Aug-2012