Vacancy posted: Thursday, 30 Aug 2012
Based at the Edinburgh Capital Hotel (Corstorphine), Portland Hotel Management are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant, to assist the team with accounts duties for the company which supports five hotels.
What will the role involve?
Working as part of daily and weekly accounts reports
- Purchase ledger payment administration and payment run
- Cheques, Chaps and on-line payments
- Payroll administration and payroll run
- VAT returns
- Procurement system administration and reporting
- Ad hoc reporting for central accounts team and individual hotels
- Administration of leisure club direct debit collections
- Involvement in the management accounts process
- Credit application checking
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience as an Accounts Assistant
- Experience within a hotel environment would be advantageous, although is not essential
- Experience of a computerised payroll system
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work using initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team and build relationships with colleagues across various parts of the business
- Good communication – oral and written
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
What are we offering?
£16,000-£18,000 per annum (negotiable, depending on skills & experience). Training will be provided and the opportunity to develop your skills to help you reach your potential. We also offer discounts across the Portland Hotel group including complimentary gym membership and car parking on-site.
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 0900-1700 (approximately, depending on business needs).
Please send your CV and cover letter to our Group Financial Controller via Apply button