Vacancy posted: Friday, 31 Aug 2012
Salary circa £42,000 p.a. DOE plus ‘on target’ performance bonus of £6,850 p.a.
Plus Benefits including Contributory pension scheme including life assurance, Private healthcare and others.
BASF are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Our small manufacturing site in Paisley manufactures Azo pigment for plastics, coatings and specialty ink customers.
We are looking for an experienced Utilities Engineer to manage all utilities assets to ensure regulatory compliance and performance at target levels at all times. This includes:
- Managing utilities operations to provide steam, water, ice, air and effluent services to enable all site operations to operate efficiently and to planned availability and performance, ensuring effective training and development of the utilities specialist team (5 personnel).
- Managing utilities asset condition, availability and performance at target levels through effective maintenance strategies, performance monitoring, bad actor management, and efficiency improvement.
- Providing expert technical support to the operations and maintenance teams for effective equipment performance diagnosis, and to the development of trouble-shooting and diagnosis skills within the operations team.
- Ensuring that all operations and equipment within the production area are compliant with BASF’s Responsible Care Management System and all statutory regulations, and that relevant management systems, procedures, and standards are followed to maintain compliance at all times.
- Implementing the change management process within Responsible Care regulations for all assets within utilities operations. Initiate plant modifications and capital projects, and represent operational interests through implementation, including review and communication of process safety and operating procedures when required.
- Ensure the effective determination and communication of maintenance service requirements for utilities operations to achieve availability and performance targets. Manage non-labour maintenance costs within target levels.
The role requires developed skills for:
- The design, modification and installation of plant and equipment.
- Problem solving (technical and non-technical).
- Directing, developing and motivating a team.
- Developing effective relationships with external contacts.
- Effective written and verbal communication (technical and non-technical).
- The interrogation and manipulation of business systems.
- Co-ordination and planning.
- Honours degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Five years’ experience in engineering within the chemical industry.
- At least three years’ operational management experience.
Hours per week: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus 8 statutory holidays
Benefits: Contributory pension scheme including life assurance
Private healthcare plus other benefits
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and covering letter using the “Apply” link below.