Vacancy posted: Friday, 31 Aug 2012
HBJ Gateley Marketing Executive
Marketing has always been a challenging role in a professional services firm. HBJ Gateley recognises the importance of the marketing function and the central role it plays in the growth of the business. Over the last two years the Firm has made significant investment in developing the Marketing and Business Development Department to enable it to develop and deliver the strategic and tactical marketing objectives of the Firm.
We are looking for a marketing executive to join our established team. The ideal candidate will have experience in working in the professional services sector, preferably marketing legal services. The role forms part of an overall marketing function that is focussed on lead generation and opportunity development. This role presents a chance to develop and implement event and seminar campaigns targeting the key client segments and market sectors of the firm. Supporting this, the successful candidate will also engage in the development of marketing materials, work with the PR agency and assist the Business Development function in developing materials.
This is a challenging and exciting role requiring a positive and proactive approach. You will be required to engage across the entire firm dealing directly with Partners and staff at all levels.
Job Title: Marketing Executive
Primary Location: Edinburgh (with travel to Glasgow as and when required)
Hours of work: Full-time
Reports to: Director of Business Development and Marketing
To fully support the business needs of the HBJ Gateley Marketing Department and provide delivery, coordination and administration of key marketing functions.
- Develop and implement annual seminar and event programmes for the firm.
- Responsibility for the firm’s flagship annual fundraising event, Sportsquest.
- Internal communication copywriting and design.
- Develop collateral marketing materials.
- Provide input to the development, implementation and enhancement of marketing initiatives that fit with the firm's marketing objectives.
- Liaise with marketing staff in the English offices to ensure adherence to firm branding guidelines and coordination of all regional and national marketing efforts.
- Assist with the copywriting, formatting and design of materials for presentations, pitches and proposals.
- Represent the marketing department at departmental and external meetings.
- Manage image bank .
- Responsible for responding to external queries directed to marketing.
- Procurement of branding materials.
- General administrative support to the department as required.
Marketing experience gained in a legal or professional service environment.
Event programme management.
Solid administration skills within an office environment.
Experience of dealing with staff at senior level .
Previous experience with creating/formatting large, complex documents.
An awareness of creative concept design.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to use a range of communication styles
- Competent user of IT systems in order to maximise efficiency and effectiveness – in particular, sound knowledge of all MS Office applications . Experience of CRM, CMS and other marketing systems an advantage
- Strong project management skills
- Pro-active, reliable and able to use your own initiative
- Good team-working
- Enthusiasm and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter including your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday 14 September 2012.
Job Reference: HR/HBJME
Closing Date: 14-Sep-2012