Vacancy posted: Saturday, 1 Sep 2012
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join a leading organisation based in Edinburgh city centre.
You will carry out development, testing and delivery of all software relating to the companies systems, including:
- Developing and maintaining software applications
- Modifying and adding functionality to applications
- Building new applications
- High level of testing which primarily involves extending the automated testing systems.
If you are interested in progressing with your application you should have the following experience:
- Experience within a commercial software development environment
- Must be comfortable working in all areas of the software development cycle from gathering requirements through to project closure
- Professional experience in Java, a Linux OS and an RDBMS are essential, while having used Perl, MySQL, Debian and RHEL would be desirable.
- Debian and RHEL distribution knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of Internet technologies is essential - e.g. Web services, Servlets, SOAP, CGI, JSP, Apache, Tomcat
- Experience using relational databases
- Experience of object oriented methodologies essential
- Knowledge of database design and optimization an advantage
- Must have good working knowledge of XML and HTML
- Knowledge of data encryption and security an advantage
This truly is an exciting opportunity for a developer who enjoys working on multiple projects with a range of technologies. If you are interested in being considered please send a copy of your resume through the online application process.
Job Reference: UK658893
About Hudson IT&T
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV. Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.