Vacancy posted: Saturday, 1 Sep 2012
Excellent opportunity for a Software Developer (Web Scraper) to join a leading web company based in the centre of Edinburgh.
If you are a technology graduate who has a relevant university placement, project or work experience and would like to expand upon your current skill set with a company who are innovative and forward thinking, then this could be the role for you.
If you are successful in your application you will be responsible for the following:
- Using Python for data collection and web scraping
- Create web crawlers and seamless redirects to partners sites
- Work on a variety of software development tasks as required, working to tight deadlines
- Work in an Agile environment, where collaboration is encouraged
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Regular Expressions
Ideally you will have an understanding of how websites work from the perspective of scraping them, using the following technologies:
- Common HTTP methods e.g. GET, POST
- Cookies and session state
- AJAX (and mimicking client-side behaviour)
- XML/ JSON (and parsing it)
- Bot detection (and avoiding it)
This truly is an excellent opportunity to join a team who are both innovative and forward thinking. If you are interested in finding out more information please submit your resume through the online application process.
Job Reference: UK668728
About Hudson IT&T
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV. Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.