Vacancy posted: Friday, 31 Aug 2012
We are a small but growing cutting edge subsea technology Company with a global customer base. We are based in Edinburgh with offices in Europe and USA. We form part of a US based public company and are seeking an experienced and ambitious finance professional to become part of finance team with immediate effect, bringing strong financial skills and acumen to the business. You will work at all levels within the Finance function of the business from bookkeeper upwards and work with the other finance functions across the Group. This role will report to the Finance Director , and have a focus primarily on keeping accurate and timely accounts for the Business (including P&L and Balance Sheet) and secondly in ensuring profitability in all projects undertaken. This role is based in Edinburgh and may involve travel to different locations from time to time.
The ideal candidate for this position will already be working in a business where s/he has been operating similarly at all levels of the Company.
In this role and as part of your priorities in the first year of your appointment:
· You will ensure the good financial governance in the business;
· You will ensure that the Company’s statutory and management accounts are at all times materially accurate and represent the Company’s true state of affairs. This will include: month end reporting, costings, inventory control, stock taking, VAT returns, cash flow forecasting, month end reconciliations, budgeting, managing fixed asset registers and other ad-hoc duties;
· You will assist in preparing budgets for product development and managing these to project completion;
· You will take responsibility for the quarterly financials of the Company which is consolidated in the Group accounts;
· You will be familiar with SAGE and will work as a key part of the team responsible for transitioning Line 50 to Sage 200;
· You will bring focus on profitability and effective use of the Company’s resources and cash;
· You will assist and in respect of some of the subsidiaries lead in the Company’s annual audit and contribute to the Group’s quarterly filings in accordance with US GAAP accounting practice;
· You will be responsible for overseeing payroll and payroll management;
· Liaising with customers and suppliers on accounts receivables and payables;
· You will be responsible for managing employees’ expenses and ensuring that these are in order and included in the Company’s accounts in a timely manner;
· You will follow new financial legislation and byelaws and advise the business on impact to it.
To be considered for this position you will need the following skills or experience:
- Experience working at all levels within Finance
- A solid accounting background
- Good IT Skills and Abilities -knowledge Sage 200, Sage Line 50, Sage Payroll; Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Outlook and Lotus Notes.,
- Sound judgment and good business sense
- The ability to build relationships with colleagues quickly
- Good communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self Starter
Proven Accountant in a small to medium sized company with:
Ideally AAT/ACCA/CIMA qualification
Knowledge of US GAAP would be useful.
Experience in a technology or manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
You should have at least 4 years’ experience in Finance and be available to start immediately.
The remuneration for this role will consist of a package of basic salary of between £27,000 and £30,000 annually dependent on experience plus benefits.
In the first instance please apply via the link provided below or to email@example.com