Vacancy posted: Saturday, 1 Sep 2012
>>Are you interested in working in the Banchory, Aboyne, Westhill, Stonehaven or Portlethen Areas?
You have a current National Pool Lifeguard Qualifications (or are able to gain this within three months). A first aid, swimming teaching, gym instructor and other sports coaching qualifications would be desirable as would be a National Pool Plant Operators Qualification.
>> You will be required to ensure the safety and good conduct of members of the public whilst they are in the Swimming Pool or Leisure & Recreation Facility. >> The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/ Certain terms and conditions of service for this post may change under proposals to implement revised provisions, which the Council is currently consulting and negotiating on.
Informal Enquiries to: Duty Officer on 01330 825269
>> Working as part of a shift rota, to ensure the safety and good conduct of members of the Public whilst they are in the Swimming Pool, Sports Centre or any other Leisure & Recreation Facility.
>> Requires working as part of a team and communicating with other members of the staff, contractors and members of the public.
- Ensure the safety & good conduct of members of Public whilst they are in the Swimming Pool or any other Leisure & Recreation Facility
- Ensure that the building and its surrounds are maintained in a clean and tidy condition
- To provide a high standard of customer care as laid down in the Customer Charter
- To be actively involved in Swimming and Lifesaving Tuition of all age groups and to be suitably qualified
- Ensure that the Rules & Regulations pertaining to the facility are adhered to.
- To admit customers to the building
- Help during other seasonal events e.g. Triathlon Series, summer sports, coaching and children’s activities
- Cleaning and maintenance duties, helping to create and maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the recreation facility
- To undertake hours and duties at other recreation facility as and when required or directed by a senior member of staff
- Attend staff training when directed and maintain up to date qualifications
Job Reference: ABS014082
Closing Date: 13-Sep-2012