Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 5 Sep 2012
(14 hours: Thurs /Fri – may require to change to suit needs of service) Education Support Team The team consists of 5 peripatetic specialisms:
Sensory Support - Hearing Impaired, Visual Impaired
Language & Communication
The first three specialisms are based at St Flannan’s Primary, Kirkintilloch, EAL is based in Oxgang Primary School, Kirkintilloch. Language & Communication have a pupil resource based in Twechar Primary School, Twechar.
The Education Support Team is an authority resource which supports all educational establishments within East Dunbartonshire Council to meet the needs of pupils with additional support needs.
Based at Oxgang Primary School but will be required to work across various East Dunbartonshire Council establishments. Please note you will be asked to provide the names of two referees when you apply for this post, these are not required.
You should print off the job profile and reference form and give them to your referee for completion.
It is also important to include the reference number of the post on the Report Form. The reference should then be submitted to: email@example.com prior to the closing date
or mail to: Marie Foley St. Flannan's Primary School Newdyke Road Kirkintilloch G66 2JW CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Link to East Dunbartonshire Council website
Job Reference: EAD002453
Closing Date: 14-Sep-2012
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills. It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley. With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles. It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.