Vacancy posted: Thursday, 6 Sep 2012
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with an exciting organisation at a key stage in their on-going growth and development
The preparation and presentation of detailed estimates/work breakdown primarily for the Commercial Business Uni. Output from the estimating team act as:
* The basis of work instructions.
* Comparator to higher level baseline estimates.
* The basis of performance monitoring purposes.
* Using engineering outputs/customer specifications from various sources to develop detailed man-hour estimates and identify performing cost centres for all commercial work.
* Identify material and subcontract requirements associated with work packages.
* Review customer specifications and identify the technical implications in sufficient detail to allow development of man-hour estimates.
* Configuration control of basis of estimate updates and consequent estimate iterations.
* To provide estimating inputs in support of the bid, planning and project management functions.
* Provide detailed information to help maintain accurate project controls and effective performance monitoring.
* Provide justification and validation of estimates as part of normal approval processes.
* Liaise with stakeholders to substantiate estimates as required
* Population of Rosyth ERP tool (IFS) that includes creation of part numbers and bill of materials, work orders and operation instructions to allow production to execute work packages.
* Provide work instruction for tasks of work.
* Be proactively involved in the development of processes, systems and initiatives ensuring the pertinent points and relevant matters are captured.
* Be proactively involved in Health, Safety, Security and Environmental matters.
* Attend regular meetings.
* Trade based apprenticeship or similar technical training/experience.
* Good communication skills with the ability to collate and present information at appropriate levels.
* Proactive but with the ability to react quickly when necessary to meet challenging objectives.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to read engineering drawings and sequence work packages.
* Evidence of delivering work to time, cost and quality.
* Ability to work primarily within the Commercial BU management team, with the ability to achieve team and individual goals.
* Must have the ability to interface with and influence key suppliers and programme stakeholders.
* Good organisational skills.
* Preferred ONC/HNC in relevant discipline.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office (preferred).
* Understanding of project controls and monitoring techniques and earned value management (EVM).
For further details on this fantastic role, please call Kevin Harper on 0141 272 7758.
Job Reference: Req/MT100816/5633520/213281
Closing Date: 13-Sep-2012