Vacancy posted: Thursday, 6 Sep 2012
This position is with a high profile entertainment related branded business with interests in both Scotland and internationally.
Initially a 6 month contract and reporting to the CEO, the role has been created to provide a dedicated resource that will enhance the organisations ability to drive delivery of a series of events in what is a very significant year in the history of the organisation.
As a key member of the management team you will be tasked with managing and coordinating a series of high profile projects and events. The aim is to further raise the profile of this already household name, both domestically and internationally.
· Preparation of individual project and event plans
· Engaging key internal stakeholders agreement on committed
actions against agreed plans
· Identification and recommendation of third party professional service
providers – PR/Event Management/ Web and Online support etc
· Coordination and management of available resources to maximum
· Management of service providers, ensuring they deliver against
· Liaison with external organisations to facilitate smooth execution of
projects and events plans (police, St Johns, local councils etc)
· Proofing and quality control
Required Skills and Experience
It is preferable that you bring sound project management skills. Whilst it would be an advantage to understand event management, we are open to discussion with candidates that come from other sectors and can demonstrate an appropriate skill set and capability.
Key attributes should include:
· Deadline focused with a completer/finisher mentality
· Natural enthusiasm
· Effective communicator - both verbally and written
· Ability to work under pressure and experienced in working to tight
· Excellent organisational and project management skills with a
sharp eye for detail
· Ability to juggle a number of projects at the same time, pre-empt
problems, show initiative and be pro-active
You will need demonstrable facilitation skills as well as the confidence, professionalism, communication and influencing skills to deal effectively with people at all levels of any organisation and within the business and consumer communities.
You should also be proficient in Microsoft Office packages, ideally including project management tools and scheduling.
Job Reference: CP1
Closing Date: 30-Sep-2012
About Livingston James
Livingston James is a leading search and selection practice. We’re here to connect professional expertise and business needs- with a depth of understanding and a range of experience that goes beyond the traditional boundaries of our industry. Founded in 2010, with the ideal blend of youth and experience, we provide bespoke recruitment solutions for listed, private, public and third sector organisations, as well as a range of career development services for senior business professionals.