Vacancy posted: Saturday, 8 Sep 2012
Head of Finance Edinburgh úCompetitive salary + Excellent Bens, incl discretionary bonus, non contributory pension, car allowance
Our client has a real success story to tell. They are a Scottish company (FS) with 60 staff headquartered in Edinburgh, who, in spite of the downturn in financial markets over the years has seen the demand grow for their service and products. They have built a reputation on trust and confidence as their business model is extremely sound and highly respected. They have increased their business by 50% in recent years with a very positive outlook for the future.
They are now looking for a Head of Finance reporting to the Chief Executive. The overall purpose of the role is the management of the finances within parameters set down by the Chief Executive and the Board of Directors.
The role requires complete management of the Finance and Treasury functions, with the responsibility for the production and analysis of both management and financial reporting as well as the provision of a full business planning, budgeting and forecasting process designed to measure efficiency and effectiveness across the business.
So what will you be your key responsibilities:
- Act as a FSA approved person and key contact with FSA with overall responsibility for the control structure in place in Finance Treasury
- Developing treasury strategy in line with regulatory and risk parameters and proposing development and/or changes to treasury policy
- Overall maintenance of treasury and finance operations within regulatory parameters
- Responsibility for ICAAP, capital management and ILSA
- Member of the Risk Management Committee to develop a risk management framework and be on top of solutions to new regulatory requirements
- Support the CEO and Board in the development and assessment of strategy and development opportunities
- Responsible for the preparation and co-ordination of budgets and forecasts for submission to the Board.
- Assess and scope meaningful management and board performance management information.
- Provide finance support and/or project management support for business projects.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal and external auditors, bankers and key counter-parties
- Production of meaningful business decision support information to aid board and management decisions.
- Supervising, developing and motivating the finance support team.
This role has much to offer with great potential to make your mark. You will be in charge of the finances of the organisation, where your strategic input will be utilised to the full. You will have the autonomy to make things happen, so it is essential you have the drive, determination and ability to deal with complicated issues. The organisation is going through many cultural changes at present so your aptitude to motivate and direct these changes will be paramount to the success of the business. Your people and relationship management abilities are key to the success of this role as is your ability to take on responsibility and not be phased by the unexpected and complicated issues.
You will require: experience and a thorough understanding of Financial Services; demonstrable experience of working at senior level within a finance function; sound comprehensive financial management and control experience; the ability to challenge and analytically review financial data and business information; with excellent delivery of reliable financial reporting. Preferably you will have an understanding and experience of treasury management and of risk management.
This role offers a real challenge for someone who has practical problem solving abilities with a confident, proactive and positive attitude who can relate and communicate effectively with all levels within an organisation. In return you will work with a supportive and people oriented company that has great potential, is risk averse and they recognise the work/ life balance that is required to work effectively. This is a challenging role with great potential.
If you are interested then please send your CV telling us why we should consider you for the role. (we respectfully ask that you only apply if you have the relevant sector and experience required for the role.)
About Dawn MacKenzie Careers
Dawn Mackenzie Careers can trace its roots back to 1985 and since then we have continued to develop our recruiting service and experience across many industry sectors at all levels. We believe we are unique, offering that elusive service that fills the gap for a high quality, tailored approach. We work in partnership with you to develop a good working relationship to find a job that you are not only suited to but most importantly - a job that you want. Our values "we want you to feel relief that you have found a consultancy you can rely on and trust"