Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 Sep 2012
Contract Scotland are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor for a 4 week Contract with an Established Contractor in Dalgety Bay. Even though the position will be initially for 4 weeks there is a chance the contract will run on further. Experience in the refurbishment market would be preferred:
Duties will include providing assistance to all members of the Commercial Department and cross functional support as required.
- Ensure all aspects of role comply with Business Process.
- Review of tender documentation as required, providing recommendations to Estimating Dept / Managerial team prior to submission.
- Attend appropriate pre order meetings.
- Review and negotiation of sub contract terms and conditions to allow agreement to be reached in line with Group Commercial Policy.
- Submit timeous interim valuations in line with agreed contract terms.
- Negotiate and obtain best value with placement of sub contract orders.
- Validate and approve sub contractor interim application and final submissions.
- Monitor costs through the lifespan of the project, highlighting variances (+ or -) immediately upon for management attention.
- Assist Project Managers in collation of information for Project Contract Reviews. Attendance will also be required.
- Prepare, submit and negotiate Final Accounts inc claims in respect of loss and expense, delay and disruption and extensions of time..
- Provide assistance to Project Managers with regards to contractual matters and interpretation.
- Assist in the collection of Retentions.
It is important that candidates are available for an immediate start.
Contract Scotland is committed to equal opportunities and diversity for its employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: PF/DMH/18523
About Contract Scotland
Contract Scotland, "The Right People for Construction Recruitment in Scotland".
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland has operated in the Scottish construction industry for longer than any of our competitors. Providing Technical and Professional staff on a Temporary and Permanent basis, we are recognised for providing a high quality service and in the past 4 years Contract Scotland has won 10 awards including "Best Construction Recruitment Firm UK" and "Best Small/Medium Recruitment Firm to Work For" at the Professional Recruiter Awards in 2008 as well as obtaining REC Audited status in 2006.
All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the Industry Standard exams (REC Certificate & Diploma) to ensure the high quality service we provide. Our temporary workers are treated like an extension of our work force and we will present permanent options that suits your situation and skills.