Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 11 Sep 2012
Lusona are currently recruiting with a client in Stirling, to recruit a finance manager on an interim basis for 4-5 months.
You will assist in and facilitate the transfer of the agreed accounting and reporting processes from Stirling to the Finance Department at Head Office in England. You will also carry out the local reporting requirements.
- Identify and implement process improvements to ensure the streamlining of all elements of the financial processes.
- To ensure that the existing accounting and reporting processes are understood, maintained and completed to the agreed quality and timetable.
- Ensure quality of all financial reporting are adequate, accurate and sustainable.
- Ensure agreed monthly posting responsibilities are identified and transferred to Head office finance department e.g.
- general adjustment
- cash transactions
- fixed assets etc
- Ensure agreed monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Plan and coordinate transfer to ensure that monthly, quarterly and full year close is in line.
- Ensure that the external auditors will have sufficient information to carry out their review.
- Plan and coordinate transfer to ensure the corporation tax and VAT requirements, both local and for Group, can be completed after transfer of agreed activities.
Systems and Reporting
- Assist in the review and amendment of the local reporting tools e.g. TM1, including:-
- Mapping tables
- Controlling loading of data
- Reconciliation of data to underlying systemsto ensure that reporting is submitted and published in the agreed format.
- Assist with the review of the implementation of a local invoice verification/authorisation tool
- To review processes within the finance and accounting department to highlight efficiency gains and also to highlight new tools that can facilitate improvements.
- To monitor and control the day to day responsibilities of the local accounting staff i.e. Finance Coordinator and Purchase Invoice/Admin Clerk.
- Qualified Accountant preferable (ICAS, CIMA, ACCA)
- Strong communication skills
- Personal power of resilience and tenacity
- Ability to see things through to completion
- Change facilitator
- Very good understanding of accounting and other systems, computer literate
- Knowledge of TM1 or equivalent a bonus
- Knowledge of project management preferable
- Process driven, able to flow charts and benchmark them
If you are intersteed in this exciting Fixed term contract then we your application. If you have any queries please contact Lusona on 01698 440 321.
Job Reference: JM S
LUSONA was formed with one very clear aim as far as your professional career goes. We will consult, we will advise and we will implement YOUR plan. If you are reading this from the position of being able to offer careers to professionals, we again have one very clear aim. Strangely, it is exactly the same. Consult, advise and implement your plan. The fact is, that a successful career – and correspondingly a successful business – needs the objectives of both employee and employer to be almost symmetrical. LUSONA have been advising professionals and organisations in the legal and financial arenas for a very, very long time and there is never, ever a substitute for experience. We want to share the benefit of this experience with you. We want to be different. Inspirationally different.